This virtual training delivery skills course will:
- Offer concrete suggestions for looking and sounding confident online.
- Suggest several engagement strategies.
- Discuss the pluses and minuses of various delivery platforms.
- Explain best practices for creating strong visuals.
- Provide strategies for reducing nervousness.
Delivering training virtually offers a host of benefits, and with those benefits come challenges specific to the virtual environment. This workshop explores the ins and outs of virtual delivery. Participants will learn best practices for creating engagement and feeling confident online. We will also discuss best practices for creating strong slides, ideas for reducing nervousness, and strategies for addressing common online challenges: limited participation, technology issues, and time management.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Engage online participants.
- Leverage their voices, faces, and movements to maintain interest.
- Use planned engagements and those they create on the fly.
- Capitalize on variety, and avoid “same, same, same.”
- Leverage the slide master.
- See a program’s DNA and adjust early in the design process.
- Create an appropriate set.
- Use lighting and cameras appropriately.
- Dress in a way that complements the session.
- Employ strategies to reduce nervousness and uncertainty in the online classroom.
- The Challenge and Opportunities Virtual Delivery Presents: Good, Bad, and Ugly
- Platform Power: Knowing What Various Delivery Systems Can Do
- The Right Rhythm: The Power of Pattern Interrupts
- Slide Matters: Best Practice for Creating Visuals
- Delivery Tips: Looking Good and Feeling Comfortable Online
At the end of this session, participants should know how to deliver stronger and more interactive online training programs.