This telephone selling skills course will:
- Offer frameworks for structuring four types of calls.
- Suggest language for illustrating value and overcoming price objections.
- Recommend best practices for following up.
Selling over the phone can be clumsy, clunky, or downright scary without the skill and ability to craft a call plan, build rapport, and follow up. This two-hour training program addresses the fundamentals that anyone who sells by phone should master. The course covers tactics for handling inbound calls, requests for contact, check-ins with previous customers, and the occasional cold call to a potential client or customer.
At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Articulate the value of the organization’s products and services.
- Establish a call goal.
- Choose a call framework.
- Frame the purpose of a call.
- Use a permission structure to gather information.
- Repeat and rephrase what the other person says to confirm understanding.
- Close a call without leaving questions on the table.
- Leave a professional voicemail.
- Leverage Outlook’s automation features to follow up.
- What You Have: Identifying Benefits and Value
- Four Types of Calls: Picking the Script
- The Right Foot: Starting Moves
- Ask and Answer: Communicating Effectively and Efficiently
- Matters of Mechanics: Using Voicemail and Email Tricks
By the end of this instructor-led training course, participants should be able to handle four types of calls confidently and competently.