This web-based stress management course will:
- Outline the risks and rewards of stress.
- Offer tools and tips for managing stress.
- Suggest ideas for reducing environmental stress.
- Provide tactics for dealing with people-related stress.
- Allow time for personal goal setting.
Stress happens, and how it’s handled can mean the difference between a healthy or hellish existence. This virtual classroom program covers the basics of stress management and tips for coping with stress related to workload, the environment, and people. The course offers a range of tools and can be tailored before its delivery to address any issues the participants have in common.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain what stress is and its causes.
- Describe the benefits of good stress.
- Recognize the symptoms caused by bad stress.
- Use self-talk, positive imagery, and other tools to cope with stress.
- Practice techniques for minimizing the effects difficult people have in the workplace.
- Explain the connection between nutrition, sleep, exercise, and stress.
- Why Stress Happens: The Good, Bad, and Ugly
- I Did It to Myself: Recognizing Your Role and Power
- Environmental Stress: Upgrading Your Surroundings
- People Concerns: Dealing with Difficult People
- Just Breathe: Relaxation Techniques
- You Are What You Eat: The Nutrition Connection
At this program’s conclusion, participants should understand the source of their stress and have a plan for coping with what they can’t change and addressing what they can.