This train-the-trainer course for non-trainers and subject matter experts who must transfer knowledge to others will:
- Cover the fundamentals of adult learning.
- Offer easy-to-learn design and delivery models.
- Suggest methods for supporting learning before and after training.
- Provide tips for engaging participants.
Congratulations! In addition to your regular responsibilities, you are our new trainer.” “We need someone to train everyone else. How about you?” “You know so much, and we want to leverage your expertise. Please design and deliver a training program.” What? Every day people with no formal training are assigned training and teaching roles. While some of these accidental trainers are elated by the prospect of a new role, others feel overwhelmed. This three-part online workshop is designed to quickly upskill people with no formal training background. During this no-fluff course, we will cover the nuts and bolts of adult learning, introduce several practical frameworks, and discuss tactics for delivering and facilitating training efficiently. Ideally, clients will schedule this program with a week between each session to allow time for participants to work on short assignments.
Segment One Objectives
- Review adult learning principles.
- Explain the training wheel (training ecosystem model) and training sandwich (course model).
- Apply an eight-step model for teaching technical content.
- Develop a value proposition.
Segment One Modules
- From Theory to Application: Adult Learning Principles
- A Wheel and a Sandwich: Knowing How Training Fits
- Steps One Through Eight: Teaching Processes and Procedures
- Highlighting Benefits: The Importance of a Value Proposition
Segment Two Objectives
- Determine what learners should be able to do to successfully perform on the job.
- Create learning objectives to outline the goals of a course or training module.
- Explore various interactive activity options.
- Discuss best practices for providing pre-training and post-training support.
- Create short videos to reinforce learning.
Segment Two Modules
- From Objectives to Content: Rapid Design
- Engagement Options: An Activities Menu
- Color Code Shortcuts: Ensuring Interactivity
- Creating Videos and Job Aids: Learning Reinforcement
Segment Three Objectives
- Explain a training plan.
- Evaluate training support materials.
- Practice delivery tips and tricks.
- Discuss strategies for handling the unexpected.
Segment Three Modules
- Show What You Know: Training Plan Review
- Content Critique: Support Material Evaluation
- Delivery Tips and Tricks: Confidence Made Easier
- When Things Go Wrong: Course Correction
By the conclusion of this web-based training course for non-trainers, participants should be able to create basic content and deliver those materials to others.