This presentation skills short course will:
- Highlight best practices for designing a presentation.
- Suggest tools for organizing ideas.
- Offer a methodology for converting headings to headlines.
- Share tips for reducing nervousness and speaking with passion.
This online, instructor-led presentation skills training course provides people with concrete tools for streamlining information and delivering content with purpose and passion. The two-hour program is ideally suited for groups without a lot of time, organizations seeking an information-packed session for a conference, and teams that could benefit from a solid survey course. It pulls key information from our longer courses that address presentation design and delivery independently.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Tailor a presentation’s content and format to meet an audience’s needs.
- Articulate a presentation’s purpose and main point.
- Use an answer-first framework.
- Create a story map.
- Convert headings to headlines.
- Follow a one-story-per-slide guideline.
- Avoid common mistakes when creating slides.
- Leverage primacy and recency.
- Increase understanding when presenting data slides.
- Use body language and vocal inflection to enhance messages and reduce nervousness.
- Look Who’s Listening: The Audience
- Discuss What Matters: Audience-Centric Content
- Design Better Decks: Visual Support
- Deliver with Confidence: Practice, Passion, and Performance
By the conclusion of the end of this web-based training course, participants should be able to organize their thoughts, identify their presentation goals, and focus on what matters to an audience.