This web-based communication styles training course will:
- Assess each participant’s communication style.
- Highlight the strengths of each style.
- Explain how people with opposite styles might interpret their actions and behaviors.
- Suggest strategies for interacting with people of all styles.
“He gives the longest explanations. Detail after detail I just don’t care about.” “He’s super direct. In fact, his word choices are borderline rude. His listening skills leave something to be desired as well.” “She’s so quiet in meetings. I just don’t get it. I’ve tried asking her questions directly, and that only makes it worse. I’m at a loss. One on one, she’s a lot more forthcoming.” When it comes to communication, it’s a jungle out there. Without a solid understanding of communication styles and preferences, people are left to navigate without much guidance. This online workshop assesses each participant’s style and provides solid suggestions for improving interactions with people of all styles.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Articulate the value of having people with style differences on a team.
- Outline style differences and similarities.
- Recognize behaviors associated with each style.
- Adapt their verbal and written communication to work better with people of different styles.
- It Takes All Kinds: Leveraging Style Preferences
- The Jungle Explained: Lions, Peacocks, Doves, and Turtles
- Clues and Cues: Style Spotting
- Bend and Stretch: Flexing Skills
By the conclusion of this communication styles course, participants should clearly understand their natural preferences and the tools needed to stretch and adjust to people who favor styles other than their own.