This training delivery skills virtual course will:
- Help participants establish their brand and ensure it is compatible with their organization.
- Suggest methods for generating buy-in.
- Provide guidelines for turning tells into asks.
- Offer several language models for guiding learners and controlling the classroom.
- Give concrete advice for handling challenging people and problems.
A seasoned facilitator can achieve learning objectives, maintain control of the classroom, and handle a range of surprises without breaking a sweat. This workshop addresses best practices for communicating confidence and competence in the classroom. During the session, participants will identify confidence targets, learn how to generate buy-in, practice creating and asking questions, explore a range of language models, and discuss strategies for dealing with a host of challenges.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Identify communication targets.
- Demonstrate the look, sound, and feel of each target.
- Establish classroom norms and rules without sounding like an authoritarian.
- Explain the engagement continuum.
- Use brain-science principles to their advantage.
- Leverage buy-in strategies.
- Convert tells to asks.
- Apply a range of language models.
- Troubleshoot common and not-so-common problems.
- Confidence Targets: Identifying and Communicating Your Brand
- Respect and Payoff: Generating Buy-In the Easy Way
- Using Questions to Persuade: Work Like Socrates
- Language Models: Keeping People and Processes on Track with Word Frameworks
- Troubleshooting: Strategies for Dealing with Challenging People and Situations
By the end of this program, participants should feel more confident and capable in their ability to facilitate strong discussions, troubleshoot problems, and control their classrooms.