This communication skills course will:
- Identify factors that make conversations difficult.
- Offer tactics for navigating difficult conversations.
- Explore the importance of understanding intent versus impact.
- Suggest language for avoiding the appearance of aggression.
Whether dealing with a difficult coworker, a challenging customer, or an underperforming employee, difficult conversations can be the focus of dread. In the long term, putting off these encounters does few people any favors. This virtual classroom course introduces tools and techniques for navigating tough topics and achieving a successful outcome.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Facilitate conversations that maintain and foster positive outcomes.
- Employ intervention techniques for handling difficult conversations.
- Explain intent versus impact.
- Describe how to use participation, accountability, agreement, and commitment to navigate difficult conversations.
- Start a conversation without appearing defensive or aggressive.
- Rules for Managing Yourself
- Intent Versus Impact
- A Model for Having Difficult Conversations
- Frame and Position Statements
- Strategic Thinking
- Difficult People
By the conclusion of this web-based training course, participants should have a basic command of techniques for navigating a difficult conversation successfully.