This web-based meeting management course will:
- Explain the purpose of meetings.
- Share the elements successful meetings share.
- Offer best practices for creating agendas and managing time.
- Suggest tools for troubleshooting common problems.
“Not another meeting!” “Doesn’t he know he dominates the conversation?” “Can’t she tell nobody is listening?” Face it, a lot of meetings are just bad. People come unprepared, they don’t have a plan, and they waste time going down rabbit holes. This web-based course covers the fundamentals of running good meetings. During the course, participants will learn the actions they should take to set the stage for success, pitfalls to avoid, basic facilitation skills, and troubleshooting techniques.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the three main purposes of a meeting.
- Describe the elements successful meetings share.
- Choose the right number of people to accomplish a meeting’s goals.
- Invite the appropriate attendees.
- Hold the meeting at a time conducive to achieving desired goals.
- Craft a meaningful agenda.
- Practice basic facilitation skills.
- Troubleshoot common problems.
- The Basics of Effective Meetings: Why Get Together
- Setting the Stage for Success: Cornerstone Best Practices
- Actions Effective Facilitators Use: Guiding Discussions
- Process and Content: Avoiding Failure
- How to Control a Meeting: Staying Focused
By the end of this web-based training program, participants should understand the fundamental skills required to organize and facilitate a meeting. They should also be able to avoid a plethora of common problems.