This listening skills course will:
- Explain the benefits of listening.
- Suggest techniques for building rapport.
- Offer specific tactics for giving people undivided attention.
- Share best practices for reflective listening.
In today’s noisy world, genuine listening is not often found. This virtual classroom course focuses on the skills people need to give others their undivided attention, show interest, withhold judgment, probe for additional information, avoid bad habits, read body language and facial expressions, and leverage listening to manage difficult interactions.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain how they can benefit from improving their listening skills.
- Outline different types of listening.
- Discuss the role of active listening in the communication process.
- Describe noise and how it can distort messages.
- Identify bad habits and listening traps.
- Listen in difficult situations.
- The Basics: Exploring Fundamentals
- Interference: Where Did All This Noise Come From?
- Oops, I Did It Again: Listening Traps
- In-Depth Attention: Active Listening and More
- The Hard Stuff: Listening When It’s Difficult
By the conclusion of this web-based training course, participants should have an understanding of listening’s value. They should also have command of some fundamental techniques for actively listening to others.