This listening skills course will:
- Explain the benefits of listening.
- Suggest techniques for building rapport.
- Offer specific tactics for giving people undivided attention.
- Share best practices for reflective listening.
In today’s noisy world, genuine listening is not often found. This virtual classroom course focuses on the skills people need to give others their undivided attention, show interest, withhold judgment, probe for additional information, avoid bad habits, read body language and facial expressions, and leverage listening to manage difficult interactions.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain how they can benefit from improving their listening skills.
- Discuss the role of listening in the communication process.
- Identify bad habits and listening traps.
- Read facial expressions and nonverbal responses.
- Listen in difficult situations.
- The Basics
- Listening Traps
- In-Depth Active Listening
- Listening to Difficult People
By the conclusion of this web-based training course, participants should have an understanding of listening’s value. They should also have command of some fundamental techniques for actively listening to others.