This influence course for leaders will:
- Outline the effects positive and negative influence can have on people and organizations.
- Introduce a model for multiplying influence.
- Suggest areas to which to pay attention during formal messaging opportunities.
- Outline the root causes of conflict and tools for navigating those challenges.
This two-hour virtual training program addresses the fundamentals of leading with influence. The course begins with a discussion on positive versus negative influence and introduces a model for amplifying positive influence throughout an organization. Next, we will examine the importance of integrity in shaping influence and some fundamental truths about work dynamics.
Additionally, we will delve into the “Ladder of Influence,” a framework for establishing common ground. Following that discussion, we will devote time to a case study where participants must select a messaging strategy for a company-wide meeting. The program concludes with an investigation into the root causes of conflict and strategies for conflict resolution.
Note: This course heavily relies on case studies and examples and is best suited for groups equipped with cameras and microphones on their computers.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Identify positive versus negative influence and the actions leaders take to move in the right direction.
- Describe what most people want and how leaders can use those desires to motivate, mentor, and multiply their influence.
- Employ various tactics to increase influence when delivering planned messages.
- Discuss sources of conflict and how to navigate them for better influence.
- Choose an appropriate approach to conflict based on the desired outcome.
- Everyone Has It: How Great Is Your Influence?
- The People Puzzle: Choosing to Understand Others
- With a Bow: Packaging Messages to Influence
- Hello, Conflict: When Influence Alone Isn’t Enough
- Style Gallery: Choosing a Strategy
By the end of this short workshop, participants should have a better understanding of influence and how they can use it for better results at work.