This employee feedback course for managers will:
- Define feedback, and explain its impact on workplace productivity and morale.
- Review communication skills for giving productive feedback.
- Provide opportunities for feedback practice.
Managers who don’t address underperformance and other employee problems usually find the problem gets worse. Team morale suffers, the manager’s credibility deteriorates, and others pick up the slack. This course provides participants with the fundamental information they need to hold an effective feedback session. The program suggests several models and allows for practice time and feedback from the facilitator.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain their goals for giving feedback.
- Plan a feedback conversation.
- Frame a conversation.
- Follow a range of feedback models.
- Handle a range of reactions.
- The Purpose of Feedback: Understanding the Goal
- Benefits of Mastering the Skill: Why It’s Good for You
- Self Assessment: Why Are You or Aren’t You Giving It
- Communication Essentials: Laying the Groundwork for Success
- Popular Models: Effective Frameworks
- Handling Reactions: Plan for the Best, and Prepare for the Worst
- Practice Makes Perfect: Your Turn
By the conclusion of this feedback skills program, participants should be able to plan and hold a corrective conversation.