This instructor-led employee development course builds on Six Core Principles: What Every Manager Should Know and discusses coaching and employee development. It is typically the fourth segment of a six-session program called The Right Combination: Mix-and-Match Management Training Program.
At this session’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Define what coaching is and is not.
- Discuss common myths associated with coaching.
- Explain the role of coaching in continuous improvement.
- Ask a range of questions to guide employees.
- Use a variety of coaching frameworks.
- Describe the empathy-coaching connection.
- Demonstrate active and empathetic listening.
- Connect feedback to organizational, departmental, or personal goals.
- The Coaching Mindset and Payoff: The Continuous Improvement Culture
- Coaching Models: Available Frameworks
- Powerful Questions: A Bank of Asks
- Performance Alignment: Corrective Coaching
- The Core and Coaching: How They Tie Together
By the conclusion of this two-hour session, participants should be able to plan and conduct a coaching conversation. They should also be able to explain how coaching is connected to the core principles discussed in session one.