This web-based diversity course will:
- Offer a forum for a dialog about diversity in the workplace.
- Outline anti-discrimination laws.
- Thoroughly explore assumptions and stereotypes.
- Highlight traps people often fall in when working to promote an inclusive workplace.
This virtual training course is designed to start a dialogue around diversity. The program discusses the value of a diverse workplace, anti-discrimination laws, stereotypes, and assumptions, tactics for addressing uncomfortable situations, and the intent versus the effects of behavior. This course is ideally suited for intact groups.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the value of a diverse workplace.
- Discuss the multitude of ways in which people can be diverse.
- Explain how legislation related to discrimination governs the American workplace.
- Describe how stereotypes and assumptions influence them.
- Employ a range of strategies to avoid acting on false assumptions.
- Consider another person’s feelings.
- Confront discrimination.
- Avoid workplace inclusion traps.
- Defining Diversity: Beyond What You Can See
- Understanding the Law: What Governs the Workplace in America
- Recognizing Stereotypes: Open Your Mind
- Watching Your Words: Understanding Intention Versus Impact
- Four Cornerstones of Diversity: Leveraging Differences
By the conclusion of the end of this web-based training course, participants should have an understanding of workplace diversity and its value. They should also be able to employ a range of techniques to promote inclusion and avoid common traps.