This instructor-led web-based diversity course will:
- Provide a forum for a dialog about diversity in the workplace.
- Suggest tactics for addressing bias and avoiding microaggressions.
- Offer a model for addressing comments or statements that have a negative or hurtful impact.
- Outline four actions anyone can take to promote diversity and inclusion.
This virtual training course is designed to start a dialogue around diversity. The program defines diversity and discusses the value of a diverse workplace. Additionally, it addresses stereotypes, assumptions, bias, microaggressions, and tactics for addressing uncomfortable situations. The course ends with an explanation of equality versus equity and four ideas for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion at work. This course is ideally suited for intact groups.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the business case for diversity and inclusion.
- Describe how diversity goes beyond race, gender, age, and other observable differences.
- Identify unconscious bias.
- Explain microaggressions.
- Distinguish intent from impact.
- Apply the INSIGHT model for confronting inappropriate comments.
- Differentiate between equality and equity.
- Propose next-step actions to increase understanding of and engagement with diverse individuals and groups.
- The Foundation: Reviewing a Few Fundamentals
- The Business Case: Why Diversity and Inclusion Matter
- Biases and Microaggressions: Understanding Everyday Issues
- That’s Not What I Meant: Intent Versus Impact
- Equality and Equity: Exploring the Difference
- Keep Growing: What’s Next?
By the end of this web-based training course, participants should have an understanding of workplace diversity and its value. They should also be able to identify ideas to promote inclusion and equity within their organizations.