This communication skills course will:
- Explore the value of tact and diplomacy.
- Share best practices for communicating with diplomacy.
- Address verbal, nonverbal, and written communication.
People who understand diplomacy know how to communicate with tact. They seem to know how to choose the right words, and they know when to use them. This virtual session focuses on fundamental communication skills. During this program, participants will explore how perceptions influence understanding, the impact nonverbal communication has on the way a message is perceived, skills for listening and asking questions, techniques for managing meetings, and best practices for writing tactful emails.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain how perception influences a person’s point of view.
- Write more diplomatic emails.
- Discuss the components of body language.
- Match others to build rapport.
- Rephrase blunt communication.
- Avoid verbal triggers.
- Use open and closed questions appropriately.
- Recognize listening roadblocks.
- Explain basic meeting etiquette.
- Practice basic email etiquette.
- Nonverbal Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Questions and Listening
- Meeting Management
- Effective Emails
By the conclusion of this interactive web-based training course, participants should understand the value of diplomatic communication, and they should be able to implement a range of rapport-building practices.