This web-based communication styles training course will:
- Go beyond the fundamentals of people styles.
- Suggest ideas for working with people who favor more than one style.
- Define “emergency styles” and how to address them.
- Provide concrete tactics for leveraging and managing styles in a team environment.
Communication styles can be as varied and complex as the people using them. This course builds on It’s a Jungle Out There!: Understanding and Leveraging Communication Styles at Work. The program is ideal for teams that want to delve deeper into the nuances of communication styles to work better together. We’ll start by exploring how style preferences manifest early in life and shape our interactions, from the playground to the workplace. Then, we’ll navigate the intricate world of style combinations and how to adapt to those who favor more than one style. Following that discussion, we will look at emergency styles and techniques for navigating environments that are not naturally compatible with a person’s preferred style. From there, we will explore strategies for working better in mixed teams. The course concludes with eight ideas to put into practice back at work.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Describe what style preferences look like early in life.
- Explore style combinations.
- Explain overused styles and emergency styles.
- Identify strategies for working in environments not naturally compatible with a style.
- Review questions and strategies for working better in mixed teams.
- Follow best practices for getting the most from understanding styles.
- Back in the Nest: Early Years in the Jungle
- A Piece of This and Piece of That: Style Combinations
- 911 Styles: What Emergency Mode Looks Like
- Compatibility: Exploring Environments
- Making the Team Work: Understanding Needs and Adapting
- Best Practices: Getting the Most from Style Awareness
By the end of this interactive program, participants should have a deeper understanding of style preferences and additional tools they can apply immediately.