This communication skills for virtual teams course will:
- Offer best practices for improving communication among virtual team members.
- Provide examples of effective team charters.
- Outline the strengths and weaknesses of various communication platforms.
- Suggest tactics for troubleshooting communication problems.
In addition to the work for which they are responsible, virtual teams face an uphill battle. Often team members work in different time zones, rarely do they have the opportunity to see each other, and occasionally their technology fails to cooperate.
This virtual classroom course addresses the skills and activities virtual team members can leverage to strengthen their working relationships.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the characteristics of in-person and virtual teams.
- Describe the value of a team charter.
- Discuss best practices for communicating via email, over the telephone, and in virtual meetings.
- Assess the tools they currently use.
- Troubleshoot team communication problems.
- The Basics and Where You Are Now
- Team Charter
- Staying Connected
- When Things Go Wrong
By the conclusion of this interactive web-based training course, participants should have a good understanding of the steps they can take to improve communication within their virtual teams.