This communication skills course for virtual teams will:
- Offer best practices for improving communication among virtual team members.
- Provide examples of effective team charters.
- Outline the strengths and weaknesses of various communication platforms.
- Suggest tactics for troubleshooting communication problems.
In addition to their core responsibilities, virtual teams face unique challenges that can hinder effective collaboration and communication. With team members spread across different time zones, coordinating schedules and finding overlapping working hours can be an ever-present struggle. Limited opportunities for in-person interactions can further complicate building strong relationships. This virtual classroom course is specifically designed to address these challenges and provide virtual team members with practical skills and activities to overcome these obstacles, enhance collaboration, and strengthen their online relationships.
At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Explain the characteristics that differentiate in-person and virtual teams.
- Describe the value of having a team charter.
- Discuss best practices for communication via email, telephone, and in virtual meetings.
- Assess the effectiveness of the communication tools they currently use.
- Troubleshoot team communication problems.
- You Are Here: The Basics and Where You Are Now
- The Rule Book: Team Charter
- Detours Ahead: Barriers
- Road Signs: Communication
- Planned Intersections: Staying Connected
- Flat Tires and Repairs: When Things Go Wrong
By the end of this interactive web-based training course, participants should have a comprehensive understanding of actionable steps they can take to improve communication within their virtual teams.