This training program for people who serve clients and customers will:
- Provide tools for anticipating customer needs.
- Help participants hold better meetings with clients.
- Suggest methods for getting candid feedback from clients.
- Offer tactics for managing a range of problems.
This course is designed for people in customer relationship roles who understand the basics and want to sharpen their ability to run productive in-person and virtual meetings, review existing services, uncover new needs, and follow up. The program is ideally suited for investment advisors, relationship bankers, accountants, architectural firms, engineering companies, and other professional service providers.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Develop customer personas to represent different client segments.
- Identify what’s important to each segment and a contact strategy.
- Position meeting invitations using a benefits-first structure.
- Create an in-person or virtual environment that sends an on-brand message.
- Frame a meeting’s purpose and desired outcomes.
- Build rapport by mirroring a customer’s style on the phone, virtually, and in person.
- Use a permission-based questioning structure to bring down walls and encourage customers to share information.
- Manage such unwanted reactions as anger and confusion.
- Gently ask for referrals.
- Confirm a follow-up plan.
- The Customer Landscape: What Customers Want
- Confident Interactions: Framing, Listening, and Navigating the Easy Way
- Visual Communication: Sending the Right Message
- Rapport and Temperature Checks: Building Trust One Action at a Time
- Next Steps: Following Up
By the end of this program, participants should have a renewed sense of purpose and tools for better managing accounts and deepening customer relationships.