This web-based chat selling skills course will:
- Explain how chat fits in the sales process.
- Offer suggestions for starting conversations.
- Provide guidance for sounding natural and adopting a conversational tone.
- Give an overview of people styles.
- Offer solid suggestions for asking questions, probing, and summarizing.
- Suggest language for driving customers to the next stage in the sales process.
Organizations that use chat to encourage online sales have an opportunity to build relationships with customers. When used well, chat can enhance the consumer’s experience. As with any tool, those who use it should be trained, and in the case of chat, training consists of two parts. First, the agent must understand how the tool works Second, that person must marry solid people skills and strong product knowledge with their technical expertise. This course focuses on the soft-skills part of that equation.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain how chat can help or hinder the sales process.
- Describe how the digital marketplace and technology have changed the way consumers shop.
- Demonstrate how to build rapport quickly via chat.
- Type using conversational English.
- Read people styles and adjust communication to a customer’s preferences.
- Use open and closed questions.
- Probe for more information without appearing pushy or intrusive.
- Summarize what customers tell them.
- Get people to the next stage of the sales cycle.
- Understanding How Chat Fits
- Starting a Conversation
- Knowing Who You Are Talking To
- Probing and Summarizing for Better Understanding
- Driving to the Next Stage
By the conclusion of this interactive web-based training course, participants should have a good understanding of the soft skills required to conduct sales via chat.