This web-based chat course will:
- Share best practices for communicating with site visitors via chat.
- Identify what great chat looks and sounds like.
- Highlight common chat mistakes.
With fewer and fewer people venturing out to a brick-and-mortar outlet, online service and sales skills continue to grow in importance. Many organizations are using chat for enhancing both their sales and service experiences. This web-based course focuses on the communication skills chat agents need to make a connection with customers using a keyboard. The program works well on its own, or it can be combined with Chat Selling Skills: Fundamentals for Typing Your Way to Better Sales.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the importance of chat goals and objectives.
- Identify service targets.
- Explain basic rules and common pitfalls.
- Build rapport.
- Avoid trigger words.
- Discuss best practices for using preformatted text.
- Recognize signs of frustration, anger, and displeasure.
- Develop a plan for handling difficult chats.
- Avoid common English errors.
- Discuss best practices for sharpening skills.
- Chat Basics: Fundamental Know-How
- Hitting the Mark: Consistent and Professional Communication
- Reading the Room: Skills for Recognizing and Addressing Unhappy Customers
- Grammar Gremlins and Punctuation Pests: Common English Errors
- Let’s Type: Skills Practice
By the conclusion of this web-based training course, participants should be able to implement best practices when providing service via chat.