Holding Difficult Conversations Virtual Classroom Course
Navigating Tough Topics: Difficult Conversations Made Easier
- Virtual Classroom Course
This communication skills course will:
- Identify factors that make conversations difficult.
- Offer tactics for navigating difficult conversations.
- Explore the importance of understanding intent versus impact.
- Suggest language for avoiding aggression.
Whether dealing with a difficult coworker, a challenging customer, or an underperforming employee, difficult conversations can be the focus of dread. In the long term, putting off these encounters does few people any favors. This virtual classroom course introduces tools and techniques for navigating tough topics and achieving a successful outcome.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Facilitate conversations that maintain and foster positive outcomes.
- Employ intervention techniques for handling difficult conversations.
- Explain intent versus impact.
- Describe how to use participation, accountability, agreement, and commitment to navigate difficult conversations.
- Start a conversation without appearing defensive or aggressive.
- Rules for Managing Yourself
- Intent Versus Impact
- A Model for Having Difficult Conversation
- Frame and Position Statements
- Strategic Thinking
- Difficult People
By the conclusion of this web-based training course, participants should have a basic command of techniques for navigating a difficult conversation successfully.
Virtual Classroom Training Course Reminders
Our virtual classroom training courses are available to private groups. They are not offered in a public webinar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and whether web-based training is appropriate for your group.
- For virtual classroom courses, we use Adobe Connect as the primary course delivery system.
- We record each session and will provide you with access for up to 30 days following a session.
- Programs work best if each participant has access to a keyboard, microphone, and webcam.
- Following best practices in adult learning, virtual classroom sessions run between 90 minutes and two hours.
- Virtual classroom courses are prices by segment. For additional information about pricing, please download our training rate sheet.
- Please run an Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test to ensure your computer and network connections are configured to give you the best possible virtual classroom experience.
Questions This Page Answers About Web-Based Communication Skills Training
- Who offers web-based training on holding difficult conversations?
- My team needs a web-based training course focused on holding difficult conversations. Who has this?
- Who offers instructor-led communication skills training online?