Managing Meetings Virtual Classroom Training
Meeting Management Fundamentals: How to Run a Successful Group Discussion
- Virtual Classroom Course
This web-based meeting management course will:
- Explain the purpose of meetings.
- Share the elements successful meetings share.
- Offer best practices for creating agendas and managing time.
- Suggest tools for troubleshooting common problems.
“Not another meeting!” “Doesn’t he know he dominates the conversation?” Can she not tell nobody is listening?” Face it, a lot of meetings are just bad. People come unprepared, they don’t have a plan, and they waste time going down rabbit holes. This web-based course covers the fundamentals of running good meetings. During the course, participants will learn the actions they should take to set the stage for success, pitfalls to avoid, basic facilitation skills, and troubleshooting techniques.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the three main purposes of a meeting.
- Describe the elements successful meetings share.
- Choose the right number of people to accomplish a meeting’s goals.
- Invite the appropriate attendees.
- Hold the meeting at a time conducive to achieving desired goals.
- Craft a meaningful agenda.
- Practice basic facilitation skills.
- Troubleshoot common problems.
- The Basics of Effective Meetings: Why Get Together
- Setting the Stage for Success: Cornerstone Best Practices
- Actions Effective Facilitators Use: Guiding Discussions
- Process and Content: Avoiding Failure
- How to Control a Meeting: Staying Focused
By the end of this web-based training program, participants should understand the fundamental skills required to organize and facilitate a meeting. They should also be able to avoid a plethora of common problems.
Virtual Classroom Training Course Reminders
Our virtual classroom training courses are available to private groups. They are not offered in a public webinar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and whether web-based training is appropriate for your group.
- For virtual classroom courses, we use Adobe Connect as the primary course delivery system.
- We record each session and will provide you with access for up to 30 days following a session.
- Programs work best if each participant has access to a keyboard, microphone, and webcam.
- Following best practices in adult learning, virtual classroom sessions run between 90 minutes and two hours.
- Virtual classroom courses are prices by segment. For additional information about pricing, please download our training rate sheet.
- Please run an Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test to ensure your computer and network connections are configured to give you the best possible virtual classroom experience.
Questions This Page Answers About Web-Based Meeting Management Training
- Who web-based meeting management training?
- Our meetings are dysfunctional. Who can help?
- My team needs to learn the fundamentals of good meeting management. Where can I find a course?