Listening Skills Virtual Classroom Course
Do You Hear What I Hear?: Listening for Better Understanding
- Virtual Classroom Course
This listening skills course will:
- Explain the benefits of listening.
- Suggest techniques for building rapport.
- Offer specific tactics for giving people undivided attention.
- Share best practices for reflective listening.
In today’s noisy world, genuine listening is not often found. This virtual classroom course focuses on the skills people need to give others their undivided attention, show interest, withhold judgment, probe for additional information, avoid bad habits, read body language and facial expressions, and leverage listening to manage difficult interactions.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain how they can benefit from improving their listening skills.
- Discuss the role of listening in the communication process.
- Identify bad habits and listening traps.
- Read facial expressions and nonverbal responses.
- Listen in difficult situations.
- The Basics
- Listening Traps
- In-Depth Active Listening
- Listening to Difficult People
By the conclusion of this web-based training course, participants should have an understanding of listening’s value. They should also have command of some fundamental techniques for actively listening to others.
Virtual Classroom Training Course Reminders
Our virtual classroom training courses are available to private groups. They are not offered in a public webinar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and whether web-based training is appropriate for your group.
- For virtual classroom courses, we use Adobe Connect as the primary course delivery system.
- We record each session and will provide you with access for up to 30 days following a session.
- Programs work best if each participant has access to a keyboard, microphone, and webcam.
- Following best practices in adult learning, virtual classroom sessions run between 90 minutes and two hours.
- Virtual classroom courses are prices by segment. For additional information about pricing, please download our training rate sheet.
- Please run an Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test to ensure your computer and network connections are configured to give you the best possible virtual classroom experience.
Questions This Page Answers About Web-Based Listening Skills Training
- Who offers web-based training to help people improve their listening skills?
- Where can I find a program to help my team improve their listening skills?
- Who offers instructor-led listening skills training online?