Web-Based Training Design and Delivery Virtual Classroom Course
The Virtual Virtuoso: Designing and Leading Dynamic Web-Based Training
- Virtual Classroom Course
This web-based virtual workshop design course will:
- Share best practices for designing strong instructor-led web-based training programs.
- Offer guidelines for creating interactive activities.
- Provide examples of good and bad design.
Whether you call them webinars or virtual classroom courses, designing strong web-based training requires work. This program reviews best practices for creating engaging digital content. The course addresses adult learning principles, obstacles specific to instructor-led distance learning and strategies for overcoming them, guidelines for choosing the right level of content, skills for building trust and encouraging participants to take risks, techniques for organizing information and choosing strong graphics, and best practices for leveraging Adobe Connect.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain basic principles of adult learning.
- Describe challenges designers face when creating web-based training.
- Use a range of interactions to avoid participants “going on vacation.”
- Avoid embarrassing participants.
- Choose the right depth and breadth of content.
- Select an appropriate format.
- Choose strong graphics.
- Use visual metaphors.
- Leverage Adobe Connect.
- Craft easy-to-follow stage notes.
- Understanding the Participants: Who They Are and How They Learn
- Choosing Content and Arranging It: Making Strategic Choices
- Building Activities and Designing Slides: Looks Matter
- Understanding Adobe Connect: What One Popular Platform Can Do
- Delivering to Encourage Engagement: It’s a Dialogue
By the conclusion of this instructor-led program, participants should understand the fundamentals of designing strong web-based training courses.
Virtual Classroom Training Course Reminders
Our virtual classroom training courses are available to private groups. They are not offered in a public webinar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and whether web-based training is appropriate for your group.
- For virtual classroom courses, we use Adobe Connect as the primary course delivery system.
- We record each session and will provide you with access for up to 30 days following a session.
- Programs work best if each participant has access to a keyboard, microphone, and webcam.
- Following best practices in adult learning, virtual classroom sessions run between 90 minutes and two hours.
- Virtual classroom courses are prices by segment. For additional information about pricing, please download our training rate sheet.
- Please run an Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test to ensure your computer and network connections are configured to give you the best possible virtual classroom experience.
Questions This Page Answers About Designing Web-Based Training
- Who offers a web-based training on how to create web-based training?
- Where can I find a course to learn how to design and deliver interactive webinars?
- I need a train-the-trainer course for web-based delivery. Who has this?