Coaching Skills for Managers Virtual Classroom Course
The Leader As Coach: Leverage Feedback for Engagement
- Multi-Session Virtual Classroom Course
This coaching skills course will:
- Define coaching, and explain its impact on a business.
- Discuss common coaching pitfalls.
- Review communication skills for coaching.
- Provide opportunities for practice.
This virtual classroom course comprises two 90-minute to two-hour sessions. The program addresses the essentials of employee coaching and how leaders can leverage coaching to encourage engagement and develop their teams.
Session One: Coaching Fundamentals
This course segment defines coaching and explains how it differs from counseling. The session offers best practices for starting a coaching conversation and discusses communication and its role in the coaching process. During the segment, participants will practice open and closed questions, practice listening, and learn how to use the traditional-sandwich model, the open-sandwich model, praise, a behavior-change pinpointing.
- Knowing the Game Plan: Why Coach
- Practices and Penalties: What Works and What Doesn’t
- No Whistle Needed: Facilitating Conversations
- Hall-of-Fame Performance: Four Models
- Practice Makes Perfect: Your Turn
- Implement one or two actions based on the content discussed in session one.
Session Two: Beyond the Basics
The second segment of this course opens with a discussion around what the participants have tried since the last session. Following that conversation, we will discuss the importance of consistency. We will also evaluate several examples of coaching and determine the extent to which their approaches are effective. Next, we’ll discuss best practices for preparing for conversations, the value of planning an opening, and how to avoid talking too much by using questions. We’ll then talk about skills for managing negative reactions to coaching and resistance.
- Half Time: Review and Report
- Rulebook Review: Evaluate
- Prepping the Field: Starting Conversations
- Handling Resistance: When Times Get Tough
- Another Hall-of-Fame Performance: Bigger Challenges
- Practice Makes Perfect: Solutions to Real-World Problems
By the conclusion of this interactive web-based training course, participants should have a good understanding of coaching and how to use it to encourage engagement and grow their teams.
Virtual Classroom Training Course Reminders
Our virtual classroom training courses are available to private groups. They are not offered in a public webinar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and whether web-based training is appropriate for your group.
- For virtual classroom courses, we use Adobe Connect as the primary course delivery system.
- We record each session and will provide you with access for up to 30 days following a session.
- Programs work best if each participant has access to a keyboard, microphone, and webcam.
- Following best practices in adult learning, virtual classroom sessions run between 90 minutes and two hours.
- Virtual classroom courses are prices by segment. For additional information about pricing, please download our training rate sheet.
- Please run an Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test to ensure your computer and network connections are configured to give you the best possible virtual classroom experience.
Questions This Page Answers About Web-Based Coaching Skills Training
- Who offers web-based training to help managers improve their coaching skills?
- Where can I find a program to help my team of managers learn how to coach?
- Who offers instructor-led coaching skills training online?