Safety Train-the-Trainer Training
The Protection Connection: Train-the-Trainer Training for Safety and Health Instructors
This train-the-trainer course for safety trainers will:
- Provide participants with the skills they need to “sell” the importance of safety to those they are training.
- Review best practices in adult learning and the importance of designing and delivering content with them in mind.
- Suggest dozens of active-learning techniques safety trainers can use to engage their students.
- Offer strategies for promoting a culture of safety.
Whether instructing on OSHA compliance, safety equipment, or safe workplace practices, the safety trainer has a critical role in promoting a culture of safety and preventing accidents and errors before they occur. This course is designed for both experienced and new safety trainers. During the workshop, participants will learn how to design and deliver content in such a way that their sessions adhere to best practices in adult learning. They will also discover how to incorporate stories, add variety, use assessments, and create video clips for their workshops and post-training follow-up activities.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain training’s role in creating a culture of safety.
- Demonstrate how to generate learner buy-in.
- Follow best practices in adult learning.
- Develop engaging activities around any safety topic.
- Demonstrate how to deal with difficult participants.
- Deliver the same content in several ways.
- Use video, PowerPoint, audio clips, and models effectively.
- Measure what a group already knows, what they’ve learned, and whether they are using those skills back on the job.
- Surface behavioral gaps that are not due to training deficiencies.
- Create post-training job aids.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of participant materials prior to the session(s).
It’s More than Compliance: Selling Safety
Engaging Adults: Understanding How Adults Learn
Creating a Dialogue: Connecting with Every Participant
Viva Variety: Using Active Learning Techniques
Better than a Thousand Words: Using PowerPoint, Models, and Videos
Important Measures: Assessing Knowledge Transfer
Troubleshooting and Promoting Safety: When Training Isn’t the Issue
By the conclusion of this train-the-trainer seminar for safety and health trainers, participants should understand their roles, be able to generate learner buy-in, demonstrate the ability to manage a classroom, and know what steps to take to determine whether the content learned during training is applied back on the job.
- Multi-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the District of Columbia and the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.