This productivity and time management course will:
- Help participants identify the factors that prevent them from effectively managing their time.
- Introduce techniques for determining what is important and what is not and tools for keeping track of tasks.
- Provide language for saying “no” and effectively delegating tasks to others.
- Prepare participants to run efficient and effective meetings.
We all have the same amount of time each day, so why is it that some people manage to get more of the right things done and others don’t? This course won’t give you more hours in your day, but it will teach you how to be mindful and deliberate about your time and to work with purpose.
During this hands-on workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of time management: understanding the value of time, using proven ways to get the most out of a day, balancing work and home, eliminating time wasters, conquering procrastination, and more.
Taming the Time Monster: How to Stop Procrastinating, Start Planning, and Get More Done is one of the oldest and most popular courses in the Business Training Works’ library. We’ve facilitated the program dozens of ways and can tailor it to your group’s specific needs and goals upon request.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- List barriers to successful time management.
- Understand and demonstrate the use of to-do lists and the ABC prioritization technique.
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of various calendar systems.
- Manage voicemail to reduce time spent checking messages.
- Write SMART goals and explain their benefit.
- Demonstrate how to say “no.”
- Delegate tasks and assignments.
- Develop an action plan for better use of time.
- Begin implementing goals created during the session.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Everyone Has 24 Hours a Day: The Realities of Time
Jump Start Your Day: Proven Time Tools That Work
Time Stealers Be Gone: Eliminating Time Wasters for Good
Procrastination Pest: Killing That Bug for Good
Be SMART: Goal Setting for Peak Performance
I’m Drowning: A Lifejacket, Please
Working Better with Others: Meetings, Delegating, and Saying “No”
I’m Exhausted When I Get to Work: Tactics for Managing Home Time Better
At the program’s conclusion, participants will have an understanding of time-management techniques: using a to-do list, prioritizing the items on it, stopping procrastinating, and working better with others through delegation.