Time Management Training
Taming the Time Monster: How to Stop Procrastinating, Start Planning, and Get More Done
This productivity and time management course will:
- Help participants identify the factors that prevent them from effectively managing their time.
- Introduce techniques for determining what is important and what is not and tools for keeping track of tasks.
- Provide language for saying “no” and effectively delegating tasks to others.
- Prepare participants to run efficient and effective meetings.
Getting the most out of a 24-hour day is a constant challenge in our busy world: a bottomless inbox, tons of email, millions of meetings. Too much to do and not enough time to do it is a common problem many people face in the workplace. Although we can’t give you more hours in the day, we can teach you how to decide what to do and when to do it.
This high-energy, back-to-basics training program explains the fundamentals of time management: understanding the value of time, using proven ways to get the most out of a day, balancing work and home, eliminating time wasters, conquering procrastination, and more.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- List barriers to successful time management.
- Understand and demonstrate the use of to-do lists and the ABC prioritization technique.
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of various calendar systems.
- Manage voicemail to reduce time spent checking messages.
- Write SMART goals and explain their benefit.
- Demonstrate how to say “no.”
- Delegate tasks and assignments.
- Develop an action plan for better use of time.
- Begin implementing goals created during the session.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Everyone Has 24 Hours a Day: The Realities of Time
Jump Start Your Day: Proven Time Tools That Work
Time Stealers Be Gone: Eliminating Time Wasters for Good
Procrastination Pest: Killing That Bug for Good
Be SMART: Goal Setting for Peak Performance
I’m Drowning: A Lifejacket, Please
Working Better with Others: Meetings, Delegating, and Saying “No”
I’m Exhausted When I Get to Work: Tactics for Managing Home Time Better
At the program’s conclusion, participants will have an understanding of time-management techniques: using a to-do list, prioritizing the items on it, stopping procrastinating, and working better with others through delegation.
- Full-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.