This strategic planning course will:
- Offer tools and processes for evaluating the current state.
- Assist a group in articulating a clear direction.
- Provide a process for determining short-term and long-term goals.
- Help organizations identify quick wins.
- Suggest tools for avoiding tunnel vision.
This workshop offers a framework for deciding a strategic direction and identifying short-term and long-term goals. The program begins with an assessment of the organization’s current state and continues with a discussion about the data points by which performance can be monitored and measured. Next, the course looks at the organization’s current mission, vision, and values and the extent to which each is relevant to the daily work of most employees. Following that exercise, the group will make any necessary modifications to its mission, vision, and values, in order to ensure a clear line of sight between daily tasks and the organization’s strategic direction.
The program continues with an exploration of strengths and opportunities. It also challenges participants to surface liabilities and potential threats. Next, the group will work through a range of exercises to identify actions that would positively impact the business, quick wins, and short-term and long-term goals. The course concludes with a discussion around nine steps for successfully executing a strategic plan.
This workshop is offered in both a one-day and two-day format. The recommended course length depends on the strength of a group’s current plan and the team’s goals and objectives.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain current business conditions.
- Discuss a range of measures they can use to evaluate a plan’s progress.
- Establish a clear line of sight between their organization’s mission, vision, and values and employees’ daily work.
- Set short-term and long-term business goals.
- Create a plan for executing those objectives.
- Consider a range of scenarios.
- Describe the process of generating employee buy-in.
- Follow nine steps for ensuring a strategic plan’s effective execution.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).