Sales Negotiation Training
Transforming No: Overcoming Objections to Nail the Sale
This negotiation course for salespeople will:
- Outline over 50 reasons why people object during the purchasing process and suggest strategies and tactics for answering those reservations.
- Provide a process for outlining a customer or client’s decision-making process.
- Suggest a method for identifying a competitive advantage when in a multi-seller environment.
- Explore buyer needs and the importance of identifying what matters to customers.
Objections are reservations about your products, services, organizations, or you based on what your prospects currently understand about what you offer and how you offer it. When buyers aren’t completely sold on a purchase, they usually push back with an objection. This course is about recognizing the reasons objections most often surface and creating solutions to overcome buyer reservations. During the workshop, we will explore a range of practical models and frameworks, identify the source of most objections and responses for addressing those concerns, examine buyer needs and the importance of mapping products and services to them, and practice language for responding to “no.”
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Describe the source of their buyers’ objections.
- Outline their buyers’ decision-making processes.
- Research their competition and develop strategies for minimizing others’ strengths and positioning against their weaknesses.
- Explain Bain & Company’s Elements of Value study and its relevance to understanding customer needs.
- Prevent, preempt, and respond to a range of objections throughout the sales process.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of participant materials prior to the session(s).
Step In: Understanding From Where Objections Come
Put One Foot In Front of the Other: Dissecting the Decision Process
When You’re Not the Sole Soul: Researching Your Competition
Threading the Laces: Meeting Needs
Untying the Knots: Overcoming Objections
- Half-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the District of Columbia and the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.