Workplace Professionalism Training
The Professional Advantage: How to Get Along and Get Ahead with Better Manners
This business etiquette workshop will:
- Prepare participants to meet and greet colleagues, clients, and customers.
- Suggest appropriate attire for various dress codes.
- Review communication technology and the proper way to handle email, voicemail, text, and social media.
- Prepare participants to better navigate office politics.
- Examine the rules of dining etiquette.
The world may have changed a lot in the last 100 years, but manners still matter in business. If your employees could use a dose of professional presence or you simply wish to give your staff an extra edge, this workshop delivers. How to Get Along and Get Ahead with Better Manners is a fun, fast-paced, and embarrassment-free course guaranteed to improve the social savvy of all who attend.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Effectively represent themselves and their organizations at business meetings and other networking events.
- Choose clothes that communicate a professional image in any environment.
- Use smartphones appropriately.
- Think before sending email.
- Navigate a business meal.
- Use LinkedIn and other social media tools with purpose.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
The Algorithm: Understanding Manners
Let’s Be Friends: Networking Made Easy
Enhancing Your Profile: Looking Good in the Workplace
Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?: Managing Technology
Errors Found: Avoiding Bad Table Manners
Virtual You: Taking Charge of Your Online Image
At the program’s conclusion, participants should have a renewed sense of professional presence and a list of actions they can take to manage their reputations on and offline.
- Half-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the District of Columbia and the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.