Soft Skills Training Course
The People Principle: Effective Communication for Everyone
This introductory communication course will:
- Introduce fundamental techniques for building positive relationships.
- Explain the concept and importance of self-awareness.
- Identify communication barriers.
- Provide suggestions for improving questioning and listening skills.
- Review body language and how to read subtle cues.
- Discuss how personal appearance and surroundings affect how people are perceived.
Mixed messages, misunderstandings, and misconceptions cost organizations millions each year.
This basic communication skills program covers the fundamentals of interpersonal communication.
By its conclusion, participants should have a clear understanding of what good communication skills look like and what they can do to improve their abilities.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding them back.
- Demonstrate skill in asking questions.
- Identify what their non-verbal messages are telling others.
- Listen actively and empathetically.
- Calmly and methodically handle difficult situations.
- Communicate with assertiveness.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
The Basics: The Ten Commandments of Positive Relationships
Self-Awareness: Being in the Know
Questions This Page Answers About Communication Training
- Where can I find an introductory training program for my team?
- Who offers onsite communication skills training?
- I need a fun and fast communication workshop for a group. Who offers such a program?
- What is typically included in a basic communication skills training course?
BASIC COMMUNICATION SKILLS TRAINING
COURSE . CLASS . WORKSHOP . SEMINAR . PROGRAM
- Half-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the District of Columbia and the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.