Organizational Skills Training
Digging Out: How to Get Organized and Get Control When You Are Overworked, Overcommitted, and Overwhelmed
This organizational skills course will:
- Help participants understand their relationship with things and their reasons for holding on to items they don’t really need.
- Describe the value of editing and curating during the process of organizing.
- Provide a framework for determining what is and what is not important.
- Suggest systems for keeping information orderly and easy to find, both in the physical world and online.
A cluttered desk, messy files, or worse still, no files at all, are symptoms of a larger problem – disorganization. In the workplace, an inability to stay organized can affect a professional reputation and the opinions people hold of us. This workshop takes a deep dive into organizational skills and the skills required to edit and curate the things with which we surround ourselves. The program tackles the relationship people have with things and examines how our ability to manage information and belongings can enhance or detract from a strong workplace reputation. Additionally, the course explores skills for managing virtual clutter and creating and sticking to an organization plan and system.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- List barriers to successful organization.
- Describe how their ability to manage information and belongings can enhance or detract from their workplace credibility.
- Articulate their relationship with “stuff.”
- Explain strategies for reducing clutter.
- Develop an action plan for reducing clutter.
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of various calendar and organization systems.
- Understand methods for managing email, voicemail, and other office systems.
- Begin implementing goals created during the session.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Get It Together: Or Why Did Things Fall Apart?
Reputation Anyone?: Organization and Image Management
There’s Too Much Junk in Your Trunk: Cleaning out Personal Space
Virtual Clutter Control: Your Computer Is Worse Than Your Desk
Pick One, Use One: Calendars, Lists, Personal Organizers
Tackling Office Tools: Managing Email and Voicemail
Scaling Back: Tactics for Managing Home Time Better
Don’t Just Sit There: Start Doing Something Now
At this program’s completion, participants will have a plan for better organizing physical and virtual spaces. This course can be modified to accommodate traditional and nontraditional work environments (e.g. those where participants do not work in an office setting).
- Full-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.