Supervision Skills for Managers: Coaching, Counseling, Delegating, and Developing an A+ Workgroup
This management skills training course will:
- Help participants pinpoint their strengths and development opportunities.
- Prepare managers to lead a variety of people.
- Provide participants with an opportunity to practice their delegation, coaching, and performance feedback skills.
- Offer a forum to discuss strategies for dealing with challenging situations and difficult employees.
In this age of tight resources, managers need to be able to count on good work from both employees they supervise directly and those they don’t. This dynamic training program is designed for managers who delegate to traditional teams and for those who supervise blended teams whose members include direct reports, tricky dotted- line reports, “temporary loans,” and virtual teams. Through hands-on activities and practice exercises, participants will learn how to better focus on the fundamental components of delegating effectively, setting goals, giving performance feedback, and providing growth opportunities.
At the program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Articulate their strengths and growth opportunities as managers.
- Recognize the four behavioral styles and how to coach each.
- Capitalize on their style for more effective communication.
- Delegate tasks to others.
- Set SMART goals for themselves and others.
- Provide constructive feedback and follow up on goals and workgroup targets with subordinates.
- Counsel an employee who is not performing up to expectations.
- Illustrate the impact of body language and vocal tones on communication.
- List tactics for dealing with difficult behaviors.
- Effectively run a business meeting.
- Develop an action plan to improve their supervision skills.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
What Is a Team?: The Basics of Group Dynamics
Now Do This: Delegation Done Right
Building Personal Credibility: Understanding Different Communication Styles
Be SMART: Goal Setting for Peak Performance
So, How Am I Doing?: Delivering Performance Feedback
It’s Not What You Say: Rephrasing for Better Relationships
Better Questions, Better Answers: Skills for Drawing Out Others
Beyond Hearing: A Model for Better Listening
Difficult Personalities and Difficult Situations: Dealing with Challenges
Pull Out Your Pompoms: Becoming a Cheerleader without Being Cheesy
At the program’s conclusion, participants will understand the components of effective delegation, setting SMART goals, constructively giving feedback, and motivating people who work for them. Through this program, they will better understand their work style and areas for their individual growth as leaders who delegate tasks.
- Full-Day Training Course
- Multi-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.