This listening course will:
- Provide a clear assessment of participants’ listening strengths and opportunities.
- Explore seven listening competencies.
- Offer techniques for improving listening skills.
- Explain nonverbal cues and how to read body language.
The business world is more crowded and complex than ever, and demand for our attention comes from all directions. Noise can lead to miscommunication, especially when time is limited. Listening Loud and Clear is a workshop devoted exclusively to listening skills. During this program, participants will explore seven listening competencies and how to develop and leverage each for better communication.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Define why listening is important.
- Describe a listening model.
- Outline seven listening competencies.
- Explain the importance of reading body language and what isn’t said during the listening process.
- Demonstrate techniques for listening better to challenging speakers.
- Develop an action plan to improve their listening skills.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Say What?: Understanding the Importance of Listening
Listening Competencies: Assessing Your Skill
Getting It: Skills for Better Listening
Reading Tone and Body Language: Nonverbal Cues Explained
Challenging Speakers: Listening When It’s Hard
At the program’s conclusion, participants will understand the benefits of listening, their listening strengths, their opportunities for improvement, and multiple tactics for enhancing their skills.