Leadership Skills for Non-Managers Training
Follow Me!: Leadership Skills for Non-Managers
This leadership course targeted to individual contributors and non-managers will:
- Outline how one can lead without holding the title “manager” or “supervisor.”
- Debunk popular myths surrounding leadership.
- Explore eight building blocks of successfully leading with our without authority.
- Provide participants with concrete tactics for increasing their influence and leadership credibility.
Being a leader has less to do with a title or position than it does with the leadership behaviors a person exhibits. This leadership development course is designed for individual contributors and others who don’t hold a formal management title but wish to learn how to leverage a combination of skills to lead within their organizations. The course looks at leadership traits, leadership myths, different types of power, a leader’s building blocks, the importance of appreciation, and the value of “can do” and promoting a positive outlook.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Define the attributes strong leaders share.
- Identify common leadership myths.
- Explain different types of power and how they can be leveraged to influence others.
- Describe eight areas where they can take action to build their leadership skills and credibility.
- Explain how language choices can affect the extent to which a message influences others.
- Demonstrate methods for expressing gratitude and sharing credit.
- Develop a plan for staying upbeat and adopting a positive outlook for the purpose of influencing others.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Walk This Way: Understanding What Makes a Leader
Myth Busting: Debunking Junk and Confirming Tasks
Legitimate Influence: Understanding Power
Building Blocks: A Leader’s Material
Minding Ps and Qs: Choosing Language for Leading
Appreciation: Private and Public “Thanks”
Promoting the Positive: Looking for Lemonade
At the program’s conclusion, participants will have an understanding of what it takes to lead in an organization regardless of whether they hold a formal title.
- Full-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.