Introductory Communication Skills Training
The People Principle: Effective Communication for Everyone
This introductory communication course will:
- Provide an overview of the communication process.
- Discuss the value of likability in the workplace.
- Introduce fundamental techniques for building positive relationships.
- Provide suggestions for improving questioning and listening skills.
- Explain the concept and importance of self-awareness.
People most enjoy working with people they like. This introductory communication skills workshop focuses on likability and the attributes likable people share. During this program, participants will review the communication process and identify barriers that prevent people from having a common understanding or effective dialog. The group will also explore basic listening skills and the importance of using questions. The program concludes with a self-awareness assessment and action planning segment.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the communication process and identify common communication barriers.
- Describe the traits likable people share and how those traits can be replicated.
- Better read verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Identify what their non-verbal messages are telling others.
- Listen actively and empathetically.
- Assess their communication strengths and opportunities for improvement.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Model Behavior: Understanding What Should Happen
Likability: The Ten Commandments of Positive Relationships
The Dance: Finding a Rhythm
Back and Forth: Asking Questions and Listening for Answers
Non-Verbal Messages: Communicating Without Saying a Word
Mirror Mirror: Improving Self Awareness
- Half-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.