Making a candidate an offer and having him or her accept is only the first step to launching an effective employer/employee relationship. A thoughtful orientation and a robust onboarding process are essential elements in integrating new talent into an organization’s way of life. This hands-on workshop introduces best practices in developing orientation processes and onboarding procedures. During the program, we will start with the organization’s existing way of conducting business and craft a roadmap for achieving the company’s goals and objectives for welcoming new employees and integrating them into the organization.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the importance of an orientation program to an organization.
- Identify the stakeholders in the onboarding and orientation process.
- Recognize how the commitment curve affects both new employees and their managers.
- Know what companies can do to deliver their promise to new employees.
- Determine the critical elements of effective employee onboarding.
- Sell the idea of onboarding throughout their organization.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).