This delegation skills course will:
- Help participants understand how they will benefit from improving their abilities to give tasks to others.
- Provide a model for effective delegation.
- Offer a process for using questions to promote ownership and generate buy-in.
- Prepare participants to manage the tasks they have assigned.
People who are good at managing projects and daily tasks understand the value of delegation. They are able to balance workloads, focus on strengths, and develop others. This interactive half-day workshop focuses exclusively on delegation skills. During this program, we will explore the value of delegating, delegation models, barriers to successful delegation, and a proven process for generating buy-in, confirming authority, monitoring tasks, and rewarding good performance.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Describe the value of delegation.
- Recognize barriers to successful delegation.
- Explain the steps in effective delegation.
- Choose the right person for the right task.
- Delegate the correct level of authority.
- Use questions to generate buy-in, coach, and confirm understanding.
- Monitor delegated tasks.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Walking on Coals: Why Delegate?
A Model Approach: Learning the Steps
Igniting the Passion: Who Is the Right Person for the Task?
A Measure of Authority: How Can You Avoid Hot Water?
Asking Not Telling: The Value of Questions
Checking the Temperature: Monitoring Delegation
By the conclusion of this course, participants should have a firm idea of how delegation will help them manage their time and projects, and they should know how to implement a range of tactics for assigning and managing work when back on the job.