Critical Thinking in Customer Service Training
Smarter Service: Leveraging Critical Thinking, Creativity, and Problem Solving for a Better Customer Experience
This creative and critical thinking course for customer service will:
- Explain the value of critical thinking and creative problem solving in the customer service experience.
- Offer a range of tools for defining problems.
- Explore assumptions and biases and their impact on critical thinking.
- Discuss the importance of deliberate thinking.
- Provide participants with opportunities to practice a range of ideation tools.
Understanding how to smile and act with courtesy is one part of the customer service equation, but knowing how to think critically and creatively to solve problems is another essential skill set service people must have in order to deliver a first-rate experience. This interactive workshop introduces problem-solving skills, processes for thinking critically, and a range of ideation techniques.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Discuss how critical thinking and creative problem solving can positively impact the customer experience.
- Gather data methodically for the purpose of identifying root causes.
- Document symptoms or issues.
- Describe how assumptions and biases impact the critical thinking process.
- Segment customer groups, products, services, and other entities in a systematic way.
- Create a problem statement.
- Apply a range of problem-solving techniques to real-world problems.
- Explain whole-brain thinking and the importance of understanding how people solve problems.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Get Out of Your Way: Carving New Paths
Diagnosing Problems: Clarifying Targets
Clearing the Fog: Understanding Assumptions and Biases
Thinking Methodically: Working with Purpose
The Idea Factory: Crafting Options
Whole-Brain Thinking: Differences in Processing Modes
- Full-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the District of Columbia and the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.