This creativity and critical thinking skills course will:
- Explain the difference between critical and creative thinking.
- Provide participants with dozens of creative thinking tools.
- Walk through the Osborne-Parnes problem-solving method.
Knowing 600 ways to accomplish a task is certainly better than knowing just one. But wait! Are you working toward the right goal? This hands-on creativity and critical-thinking course teaches techniques for determining whether the right questions are being asked. It also explores a range of ideation techniques for generating multiple solutions to problems once they are confirmed. This program can be tailored to include a group’s current workplace problems. The ratio of time spent on creativity versus critical thinking will depend on the group’s composition, goals, and familiarity with the material.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the importance of creative and critical thinking.
- Recognize the difference between left- and right-brain thinking.
- Demonstrate multiple creative-thinking techniques.
- Explain the Osborn-Parnes principle and its value.
- List strategies for selling ideas.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Critical Thinking: What It Is and Why It Matters
Right Brain! Left Brain! Brain Sprain!: Understanding Your Preferred Approach
Get Out of the Box: Basic Creative-Thinking Skills
Beyond Brainstorming: The Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem-Solving Method
We’ve Always Done It This Way: Getting Past Nay-Sayers and Other Negative People
At the program’s completion, participants will have an understanding of critical thinking and exposure to several tools for organizing thoughts, finding creative solutions, and communicating those ideas.