This conflict resolution course will:
- Teach participants to recognize the causes of workplace conflicts.
- Explain how differences in communication styles can produce tense situations.
- Suggest solutions for managing cultural expectations and differences.
- Provide multiple tactics for better listening.
- Give participants an arsenal of facilitation techniques for managing tough conversations.
If people are in the workplace, at some point conflict is inevitable. This workshop addresses communication skills for dealing with disagreements. During the hands-on program, we’ll look at tools for defining problems, choosing a strategy, following a process, showing respect for and listening to others, appreciating cultural differences, and using an outside facilitator if the parties involved are unable to reach a resolution on their own.
At the program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Identify factors that create conflicts in the workplace.
- Choose a conflict-resolution strategy.
- Implement a procedure to resolve disagreement.
- Exercise listening skills taught in the program to improve the chances for open communication.
- Appreciate how cultural experience and diversity affect interpretations of situations.
- Seek third-party facilitators when solutions are not readily available.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of participant materials prior to the session(s).
Why the Waters Get Rough: Factors that Create Workplace Conflict
Charting the Course: Steering Toward a Safe Harbor
Taking the Helm: Tactics for Resolving Disagreements
Different Folks, Different Strokes: Understanding Cultural Variety
When You Run Aground: Help on the Horizon
At the conclusion of this conflict-resolution training workshop, participants should have command of some basic tools for addressing workplace disagreements.