Communication Skills for Administrative Professionals Training
The Face of the Office: Communication Skills for Administrative Assistants
This communication course for administrative assistants will:
- Address how the administrative professional’s role has changed and at the same time remained the same over the last sixty years.
- Explore personal branding and how actions, attitudes, and appearance are the three cornerstones of reputation management.
- Suggest a process for getting on the same page with supervisors.
- Offer ideas for communicating with assertiveness.
- Outline the 17 characteristics team players share and how to leverage each in an administrative role.
- Describe how the administrative professional’s role has and hasn’t changed over time.
- Explain the importance of reputation management and professional presence on the job.
- Get on the same page with the people they support and establish a formal and informal communication plan.
- Practice assertive communication in the workplace.
- Recognize characteristics of an effective team player.
- Identify specific actions they can take to improve their team’s effectiveness.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Constant Change: A Good Admin Is a Good Admin
Managing What Others See: Choosing and Communicating a Brand
Getting on the Same Page: Deciding What Matters
The Assertiveness Advantage: Positioning Messages
Team Player: Being Part of a Group
Dear Admin: Solving a Range of Challenges
- Half-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.