This communication course for administrative assistants will:
- Address how the administrative professional’s role has changed and at the same time remained the same over the last sixty years.
- Explore personal branding and how actions, attitudes, and appearance are the three cornerstones of reputation management.
- Suggest a process for getting on the same page with supervisors.
- Offer ideas for communicating with assertiveness.
- Outline the 17 characteristics team players share and how to leverage each in an administrative role.
- Describe how the administrative professional’s role has and hasn’t changed over time.
- Explain the importance of reputation management and professional presence on the job.
- Get on the same page with the people they support and establish a formal and informal communication plan.
- Practice assertive communication in the workplace.
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective team player.
- Identify specific actions they can take to improve their team’s effectiveness.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).