Collaboration Skills Training
Collaborative Thinking Skills: Driving Teams Toward Better Results
This collaboration skills course for teams will:
- Address the value of collaboration to organizations.
- Outline the conditions that must exist for teams to work collaboratively.
- Provide teams with tools that encourage collaboration during meetings, decision-making sessions, and other gatherings where the group is tasked with solving problems.
- Offer tactics for identifying and addressing conflict.
- Suggest a multitude of methods to spawn ideas, improve reasoning, and evaluate the viability of different initiatives.
Teams that don’t just talk about collaboration but actually do it usually realize strong results. These groups share a common purpose, see value in the contributions and abilities of each member of the team, speak frankly, seek out and address conflict, and look for ways to improve the status quo. Sounds great, but getting out of a silo structure or changing a culture that doesn’t reward collaboration isn’t easy. This team collaboration workshop aims to simplify the process. The program looks at organizational conditions that must exist for collaboration to regularly occur. The course also addresses such topics as trust, change, self-awareness, authority, decision making, communication, role definition, rewards, and reflection.
This course is available as a one-day offering or a multi-day workshop. The primary difference between the two options is the depth to which we explore topics and the time devoted to activities and exercises.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of collaborating.
- Calculate the rate of return for working collaboratively.
- Understand the lifecycle of collaborative teams.
- Identify a common purpose.
- Encourage high-trust relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Build consensus.
- Manage accountability.
- Overcome barriers that typically arise during the collaboration process.
- Run meetings effectively and communicate the team’s progress.
- Find opportunities to innovate and problem solve.
- Use a range of tools to guide decision making.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
The Well-Oiled Machine: Easing Friction Through Cooperation
Checking the Engine: The Look at Sound of Collaboration
Speed Bumps, Pot Holes, and Detours: Impediments on the Road to Collaboration
Make the Connection: Jump Start Your Meetings
From Flat Tires to Total Wrecks: Resolving Conflicts
Avoid Running on Empty: Fill Up Your Think Tank
Still Under Warranty: Practice Routine Maintenance
By the conclusion of this course, participants should have a solid understanding of the collaboration process. They should also be able to implement a range of tools for encouraging collaborative thinking.
- Full-Day Training Course
- Multi-Day Training Course
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.