This introductory sales training course will:
- Explore the role of the modern-day salesperson.
- Introduce multiple sales models and help participants adopt a sales process specific to their business.
- Review fundamentals of organization, planning, researching, questioning, and following up.
- Suggest language for opening conversations.
“But I don’t like selling!” “I don’t want to turn into one of those pushy people.” “I’m not that comfortable with this.” Sound familiar? This introductory sales and selling skills workshop is designed for people new to the field and those for whom selling has recently become an additional workplace responsibility. The course aims to provide participants with basic knowledge about consultative selling and tools they can use back on the job. During the workshop, we will explore the salesperson’s role, sales models and methodologies, processes strong salespeople follow, and steps to build rapport and make conversations easier to start.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Explain their role in sales.
- Describe the features and benefits of their products and services.
- Discuss the importance of a sales methodology.
- Follow a sales model specific to their business.
- Research their prospects or prospect segments.
- Ask questions to gain information and a better understanding of their customers’ and clients’ needs.
- Discuss best practices for staying organized and following up.
- Build rapport.
- Open a sales conversation comfortably.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of participant materials prior to the session(s).
Exploring the Ingredients: Essential Selling Skills
Food for Thought: What’s Great About What You Have
Following a Recipe: Learning the Model
Preparation, Planning, Persistence, and More: More Ps Please
Getting the Temperature Right: Setting the Tone
By the end of this training session, participants should have a clear idea of how they can sharpen their sales skills and succeed back in the workplace.