Advanced Conflict Resolution Training
Unmanaged workplace conflict has several direct and indirect cost: lost productivity, reduced decision-making quality, disgruntled staff, poor retention, high turnover, and increases in absenteeism. People who know how to navigate disagreements experience a range of benefits: greater transparency, more complete information, better decision making, and healthier happier employees. This interactive workshop takes a thorough look at workplace conflict and specific actions people can take to encourage the practice of conflict resolution at all levels within their organization.
At the program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Identify factors that create conflicts in the workplace.
- Understand four basic behavioral styles and know how to adjust to each for conflict prevention.
- Appreciate how cultural experience and background diversity affect interpretations of situations.
- Exercise listening skills taught in the program to improve the chances for open communication.
- Evaluate conflicts to determine if they can be resolved.
- Implement a procedure to resolve problems that have viable solutions.
- Seek third-party facilitators when solutions are not readily available.
- Practice stress-reduction techniques presented in the program to maintain focus and balance in their workplace.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of participant materials prior to the session(s).
Why the Waters Get Rough: Factors that Create Workplace Conflict
Who’s On Board?: Understanding People
At the conclusion of this conflict resolution training program, participants will have an understanding of factors that contribute to workplace conflict. They will know how to evaluate situations to determine how serious they are or might become, and they will know the procedure for conflict resolution and sources to contact should the procedure require third-party intervention.
Onsite Training Course Reminders
Our instructor-led training courses are available to private groups. These workshops are not offered in a public seminar format. Please contact us to speak with a facilitator about your needs and bringing training to your organization.
We offer training in the following US states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
We also travel to Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Canada, Central America, Continental Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
Please contact us about your location.