This course for administrative and executive assistants will:
- Provide participants with a thorough understanding of the skills exceptional administrative assistants consistently demonstrate.
- Outline steps for building credibility.
- Recommend strategies for managing time.
- Suggest methods for clarifying what’s expected and keeping others informed of a project’s progress.
- Give suggestions for supporting different kinds of bosses.
Top administrative professionals know how to manage processes and people, no matter how hectic the day gets. This course is designed to help those in an administrative role to develop those skills. During this workshop, participants will discover how to build their personal credibility, say “no” without closing doors, use techniques for better listening, deal with difficult people, handle negative situations, and more. The seminar’s skill-building exercises are interactive and allow participants to practice what they have learned in a fun, high-energy environment.
At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Describe how words and appearance work in tandem to affect credibility.
- Articulate what people generally expect from their assistants.
- Clarify instructions and confirm expectations.
- Better manage their time.
- Demonstrate how to professionally answer the phone, transfer calls, place callers on hold, and leave voice messages.
- Write professional email on behalf of themselves and others.
- Tailor their approach to communicating when interacting with a range of people.
- Apply proven tactics for professionally dealing with difficult situations.
- Develop an action plan to improve communication.
The following outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
See and Say: Got Credibility?
This workshop begins with a discussion about credibility and how what we say and what people see influence the impressions others form of us. Following that discussion, we will identify specific behaviors that can build or erode a professional reputation.
Super Assistant: What the Boss Expects
The Great Balancing Act: Staying On Time and On Track
Tools of the Trade: Voicemail, Email, Memos, and More
You’ve Got Style!: Understanding What Makes People Tick
Respect: Staying Professional During Difficult Interactions
By the end of this program, participants will understand what it takes beyond technical skills to be a first-rate administrative assistant to all kinds of bosses.