This online supervision skills training course is designed to help new and aspiring supervisors improve their supervisory skills.
The program is self-paced and covers the fundamental role of a supervisor and the basic management principles that apply to it. It also focuses on seven essential skills for success: time and priority management, communication, work organization and goal setting, managing relationships, conflict resolution, delegating tasks, and managing performance.
As part of the course, participants will have the opportunity to evaluate their supervisory skills and gain practical tips for working with upper management.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Outline the stages people go through when transitioning to a supervisory role.
- Explain the five responsibilities of a supervisor.
- Differentiate between and among organizational structures, explaining how the supervisor’s role fits into each.
- Define “span of control” and discuss the various factors that can increase or decrease a supervisor’s span of control.
- Explain the significance of emotional intelligence for those in positions of authority.
- Describe seven essential supervisory skills.
- Outline various time management and prioritization strategies.
- Describe how you can improve your active listening skills and explain why active listening is important in the communication process.
- Define SMART goals and explain how they help with goal-setting.
- Determine the relative significance of various interpersonal skills in the context of relationship management.
- Discuss the stages of conflict and how a supervisor can most effectively address workplace conflict.
- Examine the roles of formal and informal feedback in a performance-management system.
- Determine key strategies for “management up.”
This course is designed for those people wishing to improve their understanding of leadership.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
$149.00 (US) per seat