Online Social Media Marketing for Nonprofits Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
Social media channels are an important and cost-effective method of staying connected with customers, donors, the media, and other stakeholders. This course covers the fundamentals of various platforms, the importance of establishing social media policies, tools and techniques for engaging an audience, and questions any nonprofit should ask before establishing a social media presence.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss the role of social media in a nonprofit organization’s marketing, development, and communication strategies.
- Explain how social media can be used to engage an audience.
- Outline the key questions nonprofits should consider as they become involved in social media.
- Discuss Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other social media platforms.
- Explain the costs involved in social media.
- Establish a social media policy.
- Measure social media’s effectiveness.
- Employ a variety of tools and techniques on social media.
This program is intended for anyone who wishes to learn more about social media marketing in a nonprofit environment.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Online Training for Using Social Media in Nonprofits
- I don’t understand much about social media or how to use it in my nonprofit. Who can help?
- Where can I find a basic social media course?
- Who offers a social media 101 program for nonprofits?