Social media channels are an important and cost-effective method of staying connected with customers, donors, the media, and other stakeholders. This course covers the fundamentals of various platforms, the importance of establishing social media policies, tools and techniques for engaging an audience, and questions any nonprofit should ask before establishing a social media presence.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss the role of social media in a nonprofit organization’s marketing, development, and communication strategies.
- Explain how social media can be used to engage an audience.
- Outline the key questions nonprofits should consider as they become involved in social media.
- Discuss Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and other social media platforms.
- Explain the costs involved in social media.
- Establish a social media policy.
- Measure social media’s effectiveness.
- Employ a variety of tools and techniques on social media.
This program is intended for anyone who wishes to learn more about social media marketing in a nonprofit environment.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
$79.00 (US) per seat