To be successful and move ahead in his or her career, a manager must understand how to manage people, including motivating workers and coordinating their activities. This course will explain how the goals, empowerment, and measurement system of management can be employed and how organizational structures differ. The course also covers the difficulty of discipline while trying to maintain momentum.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand their own attitudes toward empowering management.
- Explain how a GEM (goals, empowerment, measurement) approach to managing works in practice.
- Describe the major organizational structures and the differences between them.
- Explain the different factors that motivate workers and how a manager can use them to improve employee performance.
- Discuss the challenges of discipline and how a manager should deal with such situations.
- Identify the defining characteristics, benefits, and unique challenges of empowered teams.
This course is targeted to those interested in improving their people management skills.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
$79.00 (US) per seat