Online Understanding Nonprofits Course
- Self-Paced Online Partner Course
This course provides an overview of the central issues about which anyone managing a nonprofit should be aware. The program touches on a range of important subjects: developing and following a strategy, managing employees and volunteers, fundraising, writing grants, marketing, and interacting successfully with a board of directors.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the governance of nonprofits, the types of boards nonprofits typically have, and the typical relationship between boards and executive directors.
- Explain how nonprofits establish their vision and strategic direction.
- Describe the nonprofit leadership role and what it entails.
- Discuss servant leadership.
- Discuss how nonprofits managers interact with staff and volunteers.
- Outline key ethical issues faced by nonprofits.
- Discuss the financial and legal issues nonprofits typically face.
- Discuss the importance of marketing and communication for a nonprofit.
- Explain the basics of development nonprofit fundraising.
- Outline the grant writing process.
- Discuss the growing importance of social media for nonprofits.
- Define and explain social entrepreneurship and social innovation.
- Outline methods for assessing nonprofit performance.
- Discuss trends impacting nonprofits now and in the future.
This is designed for anyone wishing to understand how nonprofits work and the issues with which managers of nonprofit organizations should be concerned.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
Self-Paced Online Training Course Reminders
- Online courses are priced per seat. Learners should have their own seats for any course in which they participate.
- For organizations with 25 or more learners for any given course, please contact us for group pricing.
- Business Training Works’ short courses require a score of 85% to earn a certificate. Our Mindedge offerings require a score of 70% to earn a certificate and continuing education credits.
- Online courses must be completed within 30 days of purchase. Learners can stop and resume courses at their discretion. They do not have to complete a program in one sitting.
- For an additional fee, learners who do not complete a program within the 30-day window can extend their access.
- Course suites have extended learning times and are not restricted to the 30-day window.
Questions This Page Answers About Understanding Nonprofits Training
- Where can I find a survey course about nonprofit management?
- Who offers a general course about nonprofit management?
- I need a basic course in nonprofit management. Who has this?