This course provides an overview of the central issues about which anyone managing a nonprofit should be aware. The program touches on a range of important subjects: developing and following a strategy, managing employees and volunteers, fundraising, writing grants, marketing, and interacting successfully with a board of directors.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the governance of nonprofits, the types of boards nonprofits typically have, and the typical relationship between boards and executive directors.
- Explain how nonprofits establish their vision and strategic direction.
- Describe the nonprofit leadership role and what it entails.
- Discuss servant leadership.
- Discuss how nonprofits managers interact with staff and volunteers.
- Outline key ethical issues faced by nonprofits.
- Discuss the financial and legal issues nonprofits typically face.
- Discuss the importance of marketing and communication for a nonprofit.
- Explain the basics of development in nonprofit fundraising.
- Outline the grant writing process.
- Discuss the growing importance of social media for nonprofits.
- Define and explain social entrepreneurship and social innovation.
- Outline methods for assessing nonprofit performance.
- Discuss trends impacting nonprofits now and in the future.
This is designed for anyone wishing to understand how nonprofits work and the issues with which managers of nonprofit organizations should be concerned.
Estimated Hours to Complete
Pricing and Enrollment Information
$99.00 (US) per seat